UCPD Service Changes due to COVID-19
For important updates about COVID-19 and its impact at UCLA, please visit ucla.in/coronavirus.
All persons entering the UCLA Police Department will be screened. Checks will include questions concerning fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing and fever or chills, and whether the person has had contact with a person known or suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the last 14 days. Persons with those symptoms will not be permitted to enter the building. Employees, students, and visitors should avoid entering the building if they have a cough or fever. All persons within the UCLA Police Department should wash their hands regularly, wear a face covering, and sanitize shared items before and after use. Copies of UCLA's protocols are available at https://www.bso.ucla.edu/.
Due to COVID-19, the UCLA Police Department has implemented the following temporary changes to its standard operations (as of 6/30/20):
- Front Lobby: To protect the health of the public and our personnel and slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19, we are limiting access to the UCLA Police station lobby until further notice, unless you are experiencing an emergency situation. This does not apply to:
- Fingerprinting appointments (see below)
- Regularly scheduled child-custody exchanges
- Individuals who are required by law to check in with law enforcement for compliance purposes
- Situations in which a law enforcement presence is needed to immediately protect life, safety, and/or property
- Deliveries of mail, goods, and services for the police department or its personnel
- Fingerprinting: Resumed with limited availability as of July 6, 2020.
- Face coverings are required.
- Please complete your paperwork before your appointment.
- Cash payments are not accepted at this time.
- All clients will be required to have their temperature screened before entering.
- The Police Station lobby is currently closed. Please call the Records Unit at (310) 206-8126 once you arrive.
- Lost and Found: Temporarily suspended. Drop-offs from lost and found satellite locations on campus are also temporarily suspended. Departments should hold on to any lost of found items until further notice.
- Enhanced screening of callers: Some callers may be asked additional questions regarding recent contacts with sick individuals, recent illnesses, or recent travel. This information will be used to assist officers in responding safely to certain calls for service.
UCLA Police Department
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (310) 825-1491
Fax: (310) 206-2550
Mail Code: 136408
601 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1364
Monday – Friday 8 a. m. to 5 p. m.Station Hours
24 hours a day, 7 days a week